Saturday, August 25, 2007

AT&T retirees and employees

I'm the phoneshark from Frisco Texas, I started this BLOG because a few of my friends suggested we could gain alot of information from each other... Each one of us has a different idea or planners that is advising us .. On how to invest, lump sum vs single life annunity, retire/not to retire when,how much to will need, and how much it will cost?.. Just to name a few things. I need your HELP, Please post anything pertaining to our retirement that might be helpful to all of us... any personal experinces that would be helpful My planned retirement is March 2009

5 comments:

phoneshark said...

I have a question of cost of planners ... seems that is a lot of differences.. Lowe in Frisco Tx charges 1% annually but Edward Jones charges 2% one time and nothing annually (they make their money on residuals) so on 500,000 avg for 20 years I would pay approx 100,000 at 1% annually and 10,000 at 2% with no annual fees... seems a NO BRAINER to me, if I understand it correctly

probe61196 said...

The price that L. D. Lowes quoted me was 1.98% for them to actively manage everything I have. Fidelity will actively manage for 1% and Vanguard will for .75% as long as you have (I think) about $500,000.00.

Anonymous said...

I am just trying to find out where an AT&T employee that was surplused about 20 years ago can file for retirement. I have had no correspondence to let me know this. I left AT&T with 20 years. Could you give me some help.

phoneshark said...

I will see if I can find out who or where you can check on retirement benifits from 20 years ago.. watch for my post or leave me your contact info

Anonymous said...

It all depends on which company assumed your pension obligation. If your job function ended up under the new AT&T umbrella, try calling their pension service center at 1-800-736-7779. Otherwise, try the retiree groups for more info (ie: for legacy (pre-sbc merger) AT&T, go to ACER www.att-retirees.org, for Lucent go to LRO www.lucentretirees.org ). These sites usually have links to other related groups. Good luck.